Types of personal information
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
· your name, images and complete contact details;
· your age and/or date of birth;
· your credit card or payment;
· any customer survey results and customer service history;
· information about your access and use of our Site;
· additional personal information that you provide to us; and
· any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party such as Google or our third party payment processor.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
· to enable you to access and use our Site;
· to contact and communicate with you;
· for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
· for analytics, market research and business development;
· for advertising and marketing;
· to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
· to consider an employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
· third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services;
· our employees and contractors;
· our existing or potential agents or business partners;
· sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
· anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
· credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
· courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
· third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
· third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act (Act) and the Australian Privacy principles (APPs).
Note the Act and the APPs may not regulate third parties overseas. If any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the APPs, it would not be accountable under the Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Information classified as “Sensitive information” has a higher level of protection under the APPs.
Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information (if we hold any) may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected. Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Your personal information may be transferred to an overseas jurisdiction with substantially similar data protection laws such as the United States of America, the United Kingdom or countries within the European Union (EU). These countries have data protection laws, which protect personal information in a way that is at least substantially similar to APPs and there will be mechanisms available to you to enforce protection of your personal information under that overseas law.
We do not require the overseas recipients to comply with the APP and we will not be liable for a breach of the APP if your personal information is mishandled.
In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. Where this is the case, there may be additional rights and remedies available to you under the GDPR if your personal information is handled in a manner inconsistent with that law.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies, web beacons and Google analytics
While cookies don’t tell us your email address, they do allow third parties, like Google and Facebook, to track you as part of our retargeting campaigns. If and when you choose to provide our Site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Web beacons monitor the your behaviour on our Site and collect data about your web page viewing.
We also use Google Analytics to collect and process data from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Katrina Peacock trading as Peacock Coaching [ABN 35 253 169 186]
Last update: 8 November 2021